(f) protect river and shore reserves;
(g) develop, implement and monitor catchment management plans and other plans for water management, including floodplain management plans, surface water management plans and groundwater management plans;
(h) collect and maintain data on water resources and report to the Council and the Minister on the condition of water resources;
(i) manage water protection areas to maintain the quality and quantity of water and the aquatic environment;
(j) promote the value of water resources through education and information programs;
(k) develop guidelines,objectives and policies to assist public authorities to manage water resources within their control; and
(l) co-ordinate administrative action for water resources management.
(3) There shall be such number of other officers as may be necessary and expedient for the due administration of this Enactment who shall be appointed by the Minister from amongst members of the State public service.
(4) The Minister may give the Director directions of a general character not inconsistent with this Enactment as to the exercise of the powers, duties and functions of the Director under this Enactment and the Director shall give effect to any directions so given.
13. (1) The Director may, by notification in the Gazette, delegate any of the powers vested in him under this Enactment, except for this power of delegation, to__
(a) an officer of a public authority; or
(b) in respect of powers relating to a water protection area declared for the protection of the water supply for a village or local community, to a committee established by the Director, but no such delegation shall prevent the exercise by the Director of any power so delegated.
(2) A delegation made under subsection (1) may refer to the exercise of a function or a class of functions, either throughout the State or in a specified geographical area, and shall specify the conditions under which the delegation may be exercised.
(3) A delegation made by the Director may include a requirement to report to the Council or the Director on the performance of the function.